The United States job market is improving. A March 2015 report from the National Association for Business Economics forecasts:
- Average job growth consistently exceeding 200,000 in 2015 and 2016.
- A reduction in the unemployment rate to 5.4% in December 2015 and 5.1% by December 2016
The key takeaway? There are job opportunities, but the market remains challenging and competitive.
So how do you differentiate yourself in this environment and land the position you want? By demonstrating both your ability to do the job and your ability to fit within the organization’s culture.
At TRUE NORTH Career Strategy, I believe that in addition to your education and previous experiences, two critical components of your post-college job search are culture and fit – for both you and any potential employer. Finding the right organizational culture is your first step in finding career fulfillment and reward. For that reason, I focus our efforts in your search to finding organizations where the culture aligns with your personal values, goals and character, and then help you stand out by demonstrating your fit within the culture.
Additionally, TRUE NORTH Career Strategy offers a suite of services to help you develop the skills to successfully transition from college to the career you want.
- Crafting and delivering a succinct, 30-Second Commercial
- Creating a market-ready, impactful resume
- Building a powerful LinkedIn profile and using facebook and twitter in your search
- Crafting customized cover letters
- Networking effectively
- Interviewing with increased confidence
- Designing a Job Search Action Plan with specific next steps