With tools ready, you’ll approach your search methodically and efficiently. The market is constantly changing, impacted by technology and social media. Applicant tracking systems are designed more to reject than select, and direct responses are unpredictable.
Knowing how to navigate and network effectively is imperative. I’ll show you how to effectively use your time and resources, and how to gauge your expectations. Included are techniques to:
- Identify companies using online and offline resources.
- Perform research to develop and prioritize a targeted list of companies.
- Locate contacts who may know of current or upcoming opportunities.
- Access your network for key introductions.
- Approach others with whom you have no connection.
- Properly anticipate and prepare for the application process.
Next Strategy: Interviewing and Negotiating